Happy Domestic Appreciation Day ❤️ & International Women’s Day ❤️? It’s so lovely to see our logo design work come to life and be part of this special day ? #domesticappreciation #immortalartdesign #friday #thankyouday
Wishing everyone a very happy Workers’ Day Today, we hope you have an awesome day ahead and enjoy the public holiday.
– The Immortal Art Team
It’s 2018 and here is some food for thought to get the year started in a positive direction, 18 rules for 2018…
Dalai Lama’s eighteen rules for living
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs:
1. Respect for self
2. Respect for others
3. Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Saysha of Immortal Art speaks at uMhlanga Women Achievers
The UWA is a networking organisation for women in business that meets on a monthly basis. The next meeting will be a morning meetingon Wednesday the 12thOctober at Gateway Hotel. Registration is from 7:30am and the meeting starts at 8am, ending promptly at 10:30am.
Book for the meeting via http://www.umhlangawomenachievers.co.za . or to find out more about joining Umhlanga Women Achievers please call Jeanne Vogel van der Sandt on 031 – 572 7574 or e-mail email@example.com
Follow your dream!
Yep, you read that right. The secret to attaining happiness is counter-intuitive to everything we’ve been told through our whole lives. Yet, how many of us are wildly successful millionaires? Maybe we got something backwards.
So, stop setting goals. Thats it? Can it truly be so simple?! Please understand, we’re not saying to stop having logical directions in your life. It’s more about looking at the bigger picture of your life, everything that’s going on, and responding in the moment with your intent, rather than climbing a ladder that ultimately only serves to take you in circles.
Take a moment to consider the words of Alan Watts before proceeding on your journey. Don’t worry, it’s a short one
What are we in such a hurry for? Each year of school, each grade, promotion and job. Step by step all the way up to what? What happens when you get there?
What are you going to do when you get to where you are going? Well if you are anything like most people you are going to be so focused on the next thing that you will barely notice that you accomplished anything at all.
You will probably not rest or congratulate yourself on your hard work because you will be so focused on the next hill to climb or the next goal in life.
I dare you to stop what you are doing right now and focus on where you are right now in life. I challenge you to look at your journey and all of the things you have over come. Even just becoming an adult appeared to be something completely out of reach at one point in many of our lives.
Just take a moment and realize how far you have come and the amazing journey you are on.
Would it be so bad to flow with your life instead of being so ridged? How often have you planned out a whole year only to find that you ended up in a whole new direction that you could have never foreseen? If you are anything like me that happens to you every year.
It takes practice but we can all learn to trust the flow of our lives and create a lot more joy and fulfillment then we ever imagined was possible. We just need to stop trying to force things to happen.
It is just fine to set goals or direction in your life just try focus more on enjoying the experience of your journey instead of always rushing to the next achievement.