This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Window Live Mail.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshootingguide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
1. Launch Windows Live Mail
2. Select Accounts from the top menu bar
3. Select Email
4. Enter the email address and password (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH) > Next
5. Configure server settings:
Incoming server information:
· Server type is IMAP
· Server address starts with mail.
· Port is 143
· Authenticate using Clear text
· Logon user name is the full email address
Outgoing server information:
· Server address starts with smtp.
· Port is 587
· Requires a secure connection (SSL) is not ticked
· Requires authentication is ticked
6. Once prompted, you can complete the setup by clicking Finish.
7. If your email is still not working, please read our Troubleshooting Guide.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 668 other subscribers