This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Thunderbird for Mac.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshootingguide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
♦ Automatic Account configuration
A new email account setup with Thunderbird is quick and easy using Automatic Account configuration.
However, reasons to rather use Manual Configuration are:
· if you prefer POP, as this automatic configuration defaults to IMAP
· if this is a new hosting account and domain propagation has not completed
View account settings
Or alternatively, on the toolbar at the top, select Tools and then Account Settings
Add mail account
Enter your details
· Name (which will appear the “From” field in your emails)
· Email address
· Password (stipulated when you created your email account in konsoleH – (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH)
♦ Manual configuration
Follow the Automatic configuration above, and then choose Manual config.
Ensure that your settings are correct as below (these are the default settings – replacing with your own name and domain).
· Choose POP or IMAP
o IMAP: Incoming port 143, Outgoing 587 (as below)
o POP : Incoming 110, Outgoing 587
· Ensure that the User Name is the full email address.
· If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH.
· For new hosting accounts, temporarily use the IP address instead of the Incoming & Outgoing mail servers.
Email still not working? Read our Troubleshooting Guide.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 668 other subscribers