If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshootingguide.
Replace example.com with your domain name
♦ Automatic Account configuration
A new email account setup with Thunderbird is quick and easy using Automatic Account configuration.
However, reasons to rather use Manual Configuration are:
· if you prefer POP, as this automatic configuration defaults to IMAP
· if this is a new hosting account and domain propagation has not completed
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
- Choose Create a new account > Email
Mail Account Setup
- Enter the following details:
· Your Name (which will appear in the “From” field in your emails)
· Email address
· Password (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH)
· > Continue
- Thunderbird will now automatically check your email settings. Ignore this warning message, tick and choose Done
- If your settings are found, then your setup is complete and you can press Done.If your settings are not found, click the Manual config button and continue as below
♦ Manual configuration
Follow the Automatic configuration above, and then choose Manual config.
- Ensure that your settings are correct as below (these are the default settings – replacing with your own name and domain).
· Choose POP or IMAP
o IMAP: Incoming port 143, Outgoing 587 (as below)
o POP : Incoming 110, Outgoing 587
· Ensure that the Username is the full email address.
· If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH.
· For new hosting accounts, temporarily use the IP address instead of the Incoming & Outgoing mail servers.
· SSL is None
· Authentication is Normal password.
- Click Done. Your email setup is complete.
Email still not working? Read our Troubleshooting Guide