This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new Hetzner hosted email account using the online Outlook.com mail client.
· Mail will be received from Hetzner’s server and will be sent using Outlook.com’s server.
· Replace example.co.za with your domain name.
Set up your email account
- Browse to https://outlook.live.com to launch Outlook.com
- At top right, select the Settings (cog) icon, then choose Connected accounts
- Select Other email accounts
- Select either IMAP/SMTP or POP/SMTP connection settings (Help me choose)
- Complete the empty fields, the select Manually configure… and OK
- Complete the settings, making sure that:
· Username is the full email address
· Incoming server has mail. before the domain name
· Incoming server port is 143 (IMAP) or 110 (POP)
· Authentication is set to Basic
· Encryption is set to None
· Click OK