This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.co.za with your domain name
· Choose IMAP or POP according to your preference.
· Ensure that the User Name is the full email address.
· If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH.
· add mail. before your domain name
· Untick Use SSL to connect (If SSL is required, see Enable SSL for Email)
· add smtp. before your domain name
· Change the port number from 25 to 587
· All settings should be correct on this screen – now choose More Options
11. Further Outgoing server settings
· Authentication: Use the dropdown arrow to select User Name and Password
· Enter in your User name (full email address) and Password
· Ignore Unqualified domain
· Click OK
You have completed your account setup.
Email still not working? Read our Troubleshooting Guide.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 668 other subscribers.