This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook 2013.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshootingguide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
♦ Auto Account Setup (recommended)
New email account setup with Outlook is quick and easy using the Auto Account Setup option. However, reasons to rather use Manual Setup are:
· if you prefer POP, as this automatic configuration defaults to IMAP
· if this is a new hosting account and domain propagation has not completed
· If you’ve lost your password – change it via konsoleH
If this option fails for some reason, try the Manual Account Setup below or refer to our Outlook troubleshooting guide.
♦ Manual Account Setup
If you prefer to use POP , or your domain has not propagated yet, you will need to set up the account manually:
· Outlook will auto-fill your User Name – please ensure you fill in your entire email address as the username
· For new hosting accounts, use the IP address instead of the Incoming & Outgoing mail servers
Check Outgoing Server settings
· Ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is ticked
· Ensure that you have selected Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Check Advanced SMTP settings
· Incoming 143, outgoing 587
· Not ticked: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
· Use the following type of encrypted connection is None
POP port settings
· Incoming 110, outgoing 587
You’re all set! > Finish
Email still not working? Read our Troubleshooting Guide
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 668 other subscribers