This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook 2007.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshootingguide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
♦ Auto Account Setup (recommended)
Setting up a new email address in Outlook is quick and easy using the Auto Account Setup option. However, reasons to rather use Manual Setup are:
· if you prefer POP, as this automatic configuration defaults to IMAP
· if this is a new hosting account and domain propagation has not completed
Add a new email account
1. Launch Outlook 2007
2. Select Tools from the top menu bar, then Accounts Settings
Create new account
3. On the Account Settings screen, click New on the E-mail tab
In the Add New Account box, choose Auto Account Setup
Enter your details under E-mail Account > Next.
· You can safely ignore any warning messages.
· If you’ve lost your password – change it via konsoleH
6. Outlook will now automatically configure your account as an IMAP account with all the correct settings.
7. Finish > Close
If this option fails for some reason, try the Manual Account Setup below
♦ Manual Account Setup
If you prefer to use POP you will need to set up the account manually:
Choose e-mail service
4. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next
5. Tick the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox and click Next
Select Internet Email
6. Select Internet E-mail and then click Next
7. Enter all the relevant details (choose either POP or IMAP according to your needs) and then click More Settings
Outgoing Server Settings
8. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is selected, as well as Use same settings as my incoming mail server
9. Select the ‘Advanced’ tab
Ensure that your settings are as below for your choice of either POP or IMAP:
POP port settings
· Incoming 110, outgoing 587
· Not ticked: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
· Use the following type of encrypted connection is None
IMAP port settings
· Incoming 143, outgoing 587
10. Click OK to save these settings
11. Click Next and Finish
Your Outlook mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 668 other subscribers