NEW: Try our Auto Configuration app to set up your new Apple or Mac Mail account ⇒ here
Alternatively follow this tutorial to manually set up you mail account:
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in OS X Yosemite Mail.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
Add a new email account
Other Mail Account
Add a Mail Account
· Name (which will appear in the ‘From’ field when you send emails)
· Email Address
· Password (Forgotten passwords can be changed in konsoleH)
· > Create
Manually Configure Mail Account
Incoming Mail Server Info
· Account Type – IMAP or POP, though IMAP is default
· Mail Server is mail.(your domain name) or IP Address
· User Name is the full email address
· Password is the mailbox password (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH)
· > Next
Verify Security Certificate for Incoming Server
Outgoing Mail Server Info
· SMTP Server starts with SMTP or IP Address
· Password is the same mailbox password as above (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH)
Verify Security Certificate for Outgoing server
Your Mail account is now set up. You will see your new account in the list with any other mail accounts.
However, to avoid any future issues, continue with these few tweaks:
· Automatically detect and maintain account settings is not ticked
· Port is 587
· Use SSL is not ticked
· Authentication is Password
· Allow insecure authentication is ticked
· > OK
Incoming Server settings
· Port 143 for IMAP (110 for POP)
· Authentication: Password
You have completed your account setup.
Your Mac mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail.
Email still not working? Read our Troubleshooting Guide
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 668 other subscribers