NEW: Try our Auto Configuration app to set up your new Apple or Mac Mail account ⇒ here
Alternatively follow this tutorial to manually set up you mail account:
This guide will show you how to set up Mail in macOS Sierra. If Mail is already set up but giving errors, refer to our macOS Sierra troubleshooting guide.
Replace example.com with your domain name
This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL
Add a new email account
Other Mail Account
· Name (which will appear in the ‘From’ field when you send emails)
· Email Address
· Password (Forgotten passwords can be changed in konsoleH)
· > Sign In
· User Name is the full email address
· Account Type is IMAP or POP according to preference (IMAP is the default)
· For domains still in transfer or propagation, temporarily use the IP Address in place of Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server
· Ignore Unable to verify account name or password
♦ You can add the certificate to your trust settings to avoid seeing this message in the future.
Now for some important customisations:
Your Sierra Mail is now set up!
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 668 other subscribers